"Heads on a Stick" corrugated plastics are perfect for sports fans!
To order Heads on a Stick, go to ACI Flex > Sports & Events > Banners & Signs > Heads on a Stick
Here are some tips for ordering a custom cut-out:
- Fill as much of the space in ACI Flex with your image.
- You do not need to extract your image - we can do that for you.
- Hairstyles can make sizes tricky. You may want to go up a size for wider or taller hairstyles.
- The final product size will be 1/2 inch shorter on either side to allow for cutting, and as tall as the subject.
- For short hair that doesn't fall along the neck, the cut line will follow the jawline from ear to ear.
- For longer hair that extends down the neck, the neck will be included (image below).
- Leave space along the edges for cutting so you do not end up with a straight line.
- We create the custom cut-outs based on your scaling/cropping.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about this product:
- A 12x18 image will not produce a 12x18 final product. The completed cut-out will be approximately 11 inches across, depending on the crop, and the vertical measurement will depend on the height of the head. For this reason, the most popular size is 18x24 for a larger overall head after cutting.
- The cut may not be perfectly smooth. The corrugated plastic that is used for this product has "ribs" or "channels" running through it. These ribs can cause the blade to move slightly, so the cut may not always look smooth.
- Part of the background may show. There may be a slight "halo" of the background around all or parts of the subject. This is not a precisely trimmed product. The vector that is created for the blade to follow will outline the cut area. It needs to leave allowance for the blade width, as well as the shifts that can occur with the blade hits the ribs mentioned above. The result is that a bit of background may show in places around the cut out.
- Also, as mentioned in the ordering instructions above, the vector for cutting will be slightly different for subjects with long hair. If the hair does not extend below the ears, the cut line will follow the jaw from ear to ear. If there is hair falling below the ears, it will be included. If the hair is long, the cut line will follow the hair down below the chin a couple of inches and will show some of the neck.
Please sign in to leave a comment.