Descriptions and Examples
Coatings are protective; they are UV inhibitors and have some scratch resistance. If the print is larger than 24 inches, these coatings are instead sprayed, which will mean that your prints do not look exactly alike.
- Clear - Glossy
- Lustre - Semi-Glossy, our most popular finishing option
Our spray textures are somewhat protective. Each spray coating differs between each print as they are sprayed by hand by a member of ACI’s production team.
- Spray Texture - Orange peel-like texture, has a lustre finish top coat
- Heavy Spray Texture - Heavier orange peel-like texture, has a clear spray top coat
Laminates are UV inhibitors to a level but are not scratch resistant. We do not recommend laminates on metallic prints.
- Glossy Laminate - Very reflective
- Leather Laminate - A more matte finish. We require any prints with a Leather Laminate to be mounted.
An artistic addition to your print, these water-based brush textures are hand-applied, so no two images will be alike. The addition of Brush Strokes will have your order in production for additional time, and we do require all prints with Brush Strokes to be mounted
- Circle Brush Strokes - Circular strokes on your image
- Contour Brush Strokes - Follows the general shape of objects in your image. Please note, these brush strokes look better on less complex images
ACI textures are roller pressed and can be both stylistic and enhanced copyright protection as the texture makes it difficult to scan the image. For press products other than stickers and posters, the texture will be on both sides.
- Canvas - Medium texture
- Linen - Fine texture
- Pebble - Medium Texture
Offered only for our Gallery Wraps is the Gel Coating. It is a water based coating, and somewhat protective, though we do recommend our laminates for more protection.